Kristen here. I know it’s bad form to blog about the same thing twice in such a short time, but I have to share this beautiful typographic animation by Matt Young. It was produced for Penguin to publicise their fascinating book about translation – Is That a Fish in Your Ear? by David Bellos. Such a fine piece of animation. I’ve got the full creative jels over this one.
WelcomeArtypeeps is a network for creative people working in all areas of book publishing. Through collaborative projects and events we encourage people to come together and share ideas, experiment and form partnerships. In October 2011 we branched out and formed The Curved House (named after a Louise Bourgeoise piece rather than the house in Battersea) so please visit us there for any information about book design, production and websites for authors and publishers.
- RT @sapphicleigh: PLEASE KEEP IN MIND!! without net neutrality you won't be able to: -use social media/netflix -talk to your internet frien… 11 hours ago
- How many times will you use that word until it no longer makes sense to your vocabulary? Why is it in your vocabulary? 1 day ago
- I've met people that will say it to me in closed doors but never in front of a black person. Why say it to me like… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- I saw a video about how some folks who aren't black want to use that word so bad. What is so enticing about it? I u… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Keaton is America. Sad part it's his parents to blame for saying the "n" word. How many non black people I know say… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago